*L'kabbalah l'emet ul'kehilla: For LGBT acceptance, truth and community with a Jewish flare*

26 May 2008

Time & Love

Two words that are at the top of the chain of oxymoron's. It is a shame that majority of the people in the world have slanted views on when you should love someone and when you should stop loving someone. Also, when its time to get over them and a time limit on being with them before certain things happen, and blah blah blah. I am done listening to people's opinion that don't matter. I appreciate the acts of kindness because either you can sympathize or empathize with what I am going through or because you just know a lot. Don't get me wrong, your words mean something to me, but the only people's opinion that really matters are my brother, my best friend and Keith. Reason for that is because they have been there in person to experience what I go through and deal with on a daily basis. They have been there since the beginning and have seen the bond that I developed.

See, it's like the presidential election. You have the nominee up for president, their campaign followers, and the voters. Their campaign followers guide them on what they should say or do, but its the voters who have the final word. In a way I am saying that you have me, my friends (either online, acquaintances, confidants, buddies) and then you have the three I listed earlier (whom I dubbed the Sex and the City friends). My friends can tell me to leave him, get over him and fuck him, seeing how they have never met him and are basing what happened to what they've been told in the past. And I'll consider that. But if my Sex and the City friends tell me that I need to fight for him and take as much time as I need, uh, hello, I'm gonna go with that first.

WHY?

Because they know from a first hand basis what the relationship was about and who this guy, that I have known for a short period of time, was. What he meant to me, and how close we became so quickly. They have interacted with us and have seen the love we shared for each other. So they know better than anybody. I love all my friends and thank them for their support, but my voters make the final call. Dax (unlike the others) was not a bad man and he was not a fuck up. We cared deeply for each other and nothing will ever change that. Time and love just weren't on each other's side and I will take my time on getting over him.

Guess its the curse for being a Pisces.

2 comments:

young soul said...

You are right about taking the opinions of those that knew the whole store. They have better insight on what would benefit you the most.

Son of Baldwin said...

Ow.