*L'kabbalah l'emet ul'kehilla: For LGBT acceptance, truth and community with a Jewish flare*

24 May 2008

Casey Novak: Farewell to You







Diane Neal has retired from one of my favorite show (along with millions of other viewers in the world) as the Manhattan SVU's Assistant District Attorney Casey Novak. She played the fuck out of that character and it was phenomenal. Even though my original favorite lawyer was locked away in witness protection and briefly seen for a moment before they locked her away again, THIS is about Casey. Or rather, Diane. No, Casey. Tomato, tomatoe. But even though Casey had to grow on me since I was bitter that Alexandra Cabot was gone, she still made one hell of a lawyer (and she was from VA). Even after trying Ludacris twice and almost losing her job, blowing up on Stabler umpteen times and being emotional with Olivia, I loved her.

Her last episode, "Cold", showed just how attached she was to the case and even went to lengths of hiding test results to catch a bad guy. I had to clutch my pearls when I found out SHE lied to the courts and was getting suspended for it. Not Casey. Then I had to think, this is Law and Order. Its damn near a hop, skip and jump away from reality. Look at what happened to my boys on The Wire. True shame.

I will look back on this and remember the good times Casey and I had (I sound str8, ewww). She will be missed and never forgotten. Unless they bring Alex back, then that would be HEAVEN!

"What should I do?"
"Something else." -Line from "Cold" between Casey and Donnelly.

No comments: