*L'kabbalah l'emet ul'kehilla: For LGBT acceptance, truth and community with a Jewish flare*

26 May 2008

Memorial Day Weekend

I'm glad my Memorial weekend did a 360 from boring ass hell to lets have some fun. My friend Keith and I went to San Francisco to meet his lovers brother's family. What an experience that was. Aside from being the only one who didn't speak or understand fluent Spanish, I was also the only one who looked Latino and wasn't. Every time something was said or a remark was made, I had to look to my little interpreter and then laughed 5 minutes after the joke was said. But all in all, it was nice.


Then it was off gallivanting to Sacramento, the capitol of the Golden State. There I met the nicest and most sexiest police officer I have ever seen. And he was who we went to see. His house was huge and wide. I thought I was gonna get lost, but the host was a great help. We got a large pizza, wings and bread sticks and I almost ate all of the pizza and forgot to take my bread sticks with me. Damn, and I'm hungry now.


After a night of laughs and watching Evan Almighty (which was an okay movie,) we journeyed to the Old Sac area and entered the Jazz Festival all by mistake. It in itself was a scene. At first it was nothing but old folks and I felt like such a baby, but as time progressed, it filled with other ages. There was a museum of old schools (or something like that) and I got to write my name on the chalk board from 1950. I felt like I was walking on the moon. We ate at a Mexican restaurant, that apparently to true Mexicans, these restaurants are too Americanized. Riiitteee.

As we headed home, I adored the scenery and the hills that Interstate 80 had to offer. Especially the sign that said, "Nut Tree." Oh, heavens, if my mind didn't go straight to the gutter. The drive allowed my mind to clear itself and I finally did it. For the first time in 3 weeks, I exhaled. LOL. But for real, I enjoyed myself and can't wait for my next weekend. How riveting.

No comments: