*L'kabbalah l'emet ul'kehilla: For LGBT acceptance, truth and community with a Jewish flare*

10 June 2008

High School Shadows


I begin to realize why older gentlemen have such a hard time talking to me, let alone trusting me. Its the mind set that these younger ones have and the ones a few years older than me, that are still in this high school mentality. They feel that because they graduated, it automatically makes them "GROWN".

OMG!! DAREST I SAY THE DREADED WORD OF THE FALL OF HUMANITY.
GROWN!

I believe these youngins are in a rush to grow up so fast, they feel that now because they can vote and legally buy cigarettes, they are a grown "adult." Don't fool yourself, you are NOT grown right out of high school. Hell, I'm not fully grown yet. I've gone through (and still going through,) my share of life experiences that will aid my continuance of growing. But one thing I am certain of is that, I am a man. I am an adult. But I am not fully and completely grown. And I feel that these kids don't realize that. Being grown and being an adult are two separate entities. They don't go hand in hand right out of high school.


Being grown isn't a physical merit. Just because you have your own place, your own car, a good paying job, and degrees makes you grown. No baby, it only means you have a sense of responsibility. Being grown is a constant journey that shows its fruits through [get ready] MATURITY. If you feel you have to break someone down cuz they don't have what you have, you are not mature. If you have to argue that you are 19 and grown and lists the merits why, you are not mature. If you have to argue that you are 25 and grown and lists the merits why, you are not mature. A mature person tells someone politely that they are not going to entertain this mess and ends the conversation before the argument starts.

So I hope and pray that these teenagers get it through their brains that life really hits like a tsunami once you leave home for good. It is the lessons of life that help you understand your growing process. Remember that and I assure you that things will become easier. Everything happens for a reason.

No comments: