*L'kabbalah l'emet ul'kehilla: For LGBT acceptance, truth and community with a Jewish flare*

12 June 2008

Boys 2 Men

So my question today, dear-hearts, is;
"WHY CAN'T MEN BE MEN AND NOT BOYS?"


[Now, not all men act like boys. There are a slim percent that actually don't play games, that don't toy with your mind, and don't lie just to cover their ass. But my focus today is on the men who do act like boys.]

One of the first people I met when I relocated to Oakland was a guy by the name of Marshall. He was very stable financially, had a house in the hills, nice ass car, and I really enjoyed his company. However, he also had a boyfriend. But I figured we could just be hang out buddies and I wouldn't cross the line into lover's at all. Nevertheless, I did manage to fucking develop an attachment to him. (Damn, Pisces.) And he knew this. So for a hot minute we hung out and it was great. Until that day.

He gets a call from one of his "friends" in San Fran, and asks me if its alright if we go pick him up and take him home. So I very much obliged and decided it would be fun to meet the people in his life. Well, we get to The Castro and this feminine Asian looking fellow prances over to the car and gets in. Immediately, I shell up and shut down. There was a spirit of jealousy already bubbling in my soul. But I was very cordial and only spoke when I was asked a question. I thought we were taking him home, so I didn't really show how I was feeling, until we landed at the mall....all three of us. They walk in front of me, cupcaking, and I'm following behind wondering why I just don't get on the BART and go home. After an hour of vomiting a little in my mouth from watching the two, we go eat. However, the bitch is coming out of me now. I abruptly tell Marshall I am not hungry and I will not eat.

I felt like, why isn't this fellow home yet? I thought this was going to be me and him. But I notice that I'm transparent and went to the bathroom to wash my face and try to get it together. I go back to the table and Marshall is sipping on some Thai drink and asked his friend if he wanted to try. He agrees and tasted it. After that, Marshall asked me if I wanted to try and I'm like, "Your kidding, right?"

So the night ends, and Marshall decides to take me home first. I stay in Oakland and the fellow stays in San Fran. We were just in San Fran, so what sense does that make? But I digress. The next day, I apologize for my apparent actions and he accepted my apology. Later on, I ask when can I see him again. He replies, tomorrow. Tomorrow never came. Days go by, I ask him again. He replies the same answer. Yet, the time never came.

So three months go by and he doesn't say much but "I'm at work, I will talk to you later." So I decided to ask one more time and see if the answer would be the same. I ask, "Why has it been three months and we haven't hung out?"
He replies,"I work and travel a lot."
"Really? Well, when you came back from Puerto Rico, you had almost a week and a half before you went back to work." I tore that lie down.
"Well, I have a boyfriend."
"You had one when I first met you." Uh-huh, try that again.
"Well, he is out of school now and wants to spend a lot more time together."
So my question is, if that was the case, why not just tell me THAT instead of, 'we will hang tomorrow' and tomorrow never happens? I figured that one learns when three months go by, that the person is no longer interested in seeing you again. He asked me, (before I blocked him,) why I wasn't going to date anymore.

Well, my answer is Marshall, because of men like you, who "work and travel a lot."

No comments: