*L'kabbalah l'emet ul'kehilla: For LGBT acceptance, truth and community with a Jewish flare*

23 December 2008

Memories of 2008 (1)

Two thousand and eight was a year of many discoveries and revelations. During the next few days I will be taking you down a trip on Jonny B Lane. The facts of my life that has been hidden for so long, the joys of happiness, the frustrations of sadness, and the countless lessons I learned. We will start with the first month of the year, January.

January I was still living in Miami, Florida and had just came back from visiting my bffs in California for New Years. I had made up my mind that I was leaving Miami and moving to a place where I had found happiness once in 2004, making it the first move I would have ever done solely on my own. This month I was hospitalized for a tear in the abdominal area that was directly caused by a man I was in love with named John. The sad part about it was that he never came to see me in the hospital and told me he was never coming to see me again. Angered and out of spite, I told him that was fine and finally told him about my decision to move to CA. Unaffected, he congratulated me and hung up. I cried almost every night in January and woke up with a half baked smile every morning. I counted down the days till my move. 24.

In February, I tried to wrap up all my loose ends in South Florida, telling my gentlemen callers that once I leave, they will never hear from me again. I saw everyone that I liked one last time and waited two weeks before someone bought my car for $700. Toward the middle of the month, I finally rode the Tri-Rail for the first time in my entire stay in Miami (it has nothing on the BART). My brother and I went to the Nuggets vs Heat game in celebration for his and my birthday (his the 1st and mine the 22nd). I bought a laptop with the money I got from my car and shipped off the last things of mine to CA. The night of my birthday, I worked and my job threw me a little bday celebration slash moving party. Once I got to Fort Lauderdale/Hollywood International, they told me that all of my luggage was over the maximum capacity and that I couldn't board unless I took shit out. Needless to say, I still have alot of clothes still in South Florida to this day. When I got to Oakland, I was angered to find out my luggage was broken and the airline was NOT going to rectify the mishap. So thus began my first lesson to the place that was suppose to bring me happiness, don't get upset when things are broken.

March is when it all began.........

No comments: