*L'kabbalah l'emet ul'kehilla: For LGBT acceptance, truth and community with a Jewish flare*

05 December 2008

Excerpt from 'U, Sex and the Town'

I raced to the mirror and checked to see if my tie was on straight. Damn tie, I can never get it right the first time. Either the knot is too huge, or the fat part of the tie is too short. I just yanked it off and swore to put it on when I was on the BART. As I did my last roundabout of the house to make sure I had everything, I grabbed my keys and walked out the house. As soon as I stepped my first foot out the door, I tripped. Face first on the ground. There nothing to break my fall and nothing on my side that I could have grabbed. I heard my keys hit the wall on the other side of the hall and I felt a presence over me at the same time. Maybe if I just lay here motionless, they will go away.

“I’m okay.” I muffled into the carpeted floor. I heard the keys jingle and my attention shot in that direction. HE was standing over me with his right hand stretched out and my keys in his left. I slowly grabbed his hand and got on my feet.

“That was a nasty fall.” He stated, letting out a small chuckle as he said fall. He had a slight Jamaican accent and when I began to focus more on him, I saw he was something to look at. He was a tad shade darker than me, making him a mocha frappuccino complexion. I saw his hair was black and cut slightly short and he wore these rectangular shaped glasses, which introduced his hazel eyes. His body was perfectly shaped, built chest, v-shaping to his hips. His flannel button up fit perfectly, outlining his upper body and his tan khakis revealed he was wearing briefs. Tommy Hilfiger, at least. Yes, I am that good.

“Yea, didn’t even feel it.” I finally got out, blushing so hard. When he handed me my keys smiling, I turned and locked the door.

“Thanks,” I softly acknowledged.

“Anytime,” he spoke with a sense of seduction, “So how long have you lived here?”

“Over a year,” I turned facing him, feeling my ass getting hot, “I take it you live in the building?”

“Oh, yeah, yeah,” he pointed behind him. This mystery man lived right across the hall from me and I never noticed this Adonis of my building.

“Wow, you just moved in?”He smiled again, revealing his glossy whites. I could have came all over myself. (I think I did a little.)

“No, I have been there for six months.”

Not only has this fine specimen of God’s version of perfection lived in my building, ACROSS the hall from me, but has been there for SIX, one two three four five, SIX months.

“Why have I never seen you?” I asked, half wondering half not caring, ‘cause he is here now.

“Well, I am usually at my wife’s house in-“

Whoa whoa whoa, WIFE?! Great, what a lovely version of PUNK’D God just played on me. First I trip and then this. Thanks.

“Oh, okay,” I cut him off sharply, “I am late for work.” I ended, turned and walked away. Not even giving him a chance to respond.

No comments: