*L'kabbalah l'emet ul'kehilla: For LGBT acceptance, truth and community with a Jewish flare*

22 February 2009

Day 7

Today is the day and last night was off the fucking chain, excuse the french. If you haven't viewed B-TV # 6 'Birthday Bash' then you are truly missing the experience. It was funny how it all started out crazy and disorganized, but came together at the very very end. My best friend was supposed to be here Friday but complications with her mothers health kept her in Stockton till yesterday. So, she was suppose to be here yesterday morning to cook me a birthday breakfast but that didnt really happen till my actual birthday. I was suppose to get my hair redone at 2 and expected to be out the house at 330, but the fates had it that my hair stylist to come at 12 cuz it took her 2 hours to redo it. I got my last minute party favors and headed out the door to meet others at the BART station in El Cerrito.
We got to the Mint and even thought 15 people RSVP'd, I was glad to just kick it with the 6 that showed up. We took the house down and my only present I asked for was a drink. There was a dark man with 23 year old dreads who sung me 2 songs, one was Prince 'Little Red Corvette' and something else, and bought me a drink. I had another white man sing me a song and also bye me a drink and the place gave me a free drink with a naked man on the side.......of the glass. I sung my two favorite songs in the entire world, 'Get Me Bodied' by Beyonce and 'And I Am Telling You' the Jennifer Holiday version.
We ended the night at dinner and was astonished that Mel's Diner charges 5 dollars for a side of bacon. NEVER AGAIN!!! But all in all, it was a wonderful night. I want to thank all of my friends and loved ones who wished me a happy birthday yesterday and today. I love you all.

No comments: