*L'kabbalah l'emet ul'kehilla: For LGBT acceptance, truth and community with a Jewish flare*

27 August 2008

Lake Tahoe Camping

This past weekend was not only fun, but it was an experience. Things I had never done before, I did. Like, hike up mountains, film my entire trip, and other things that will remain safe under the 5th amendment. I learned a lot about things that I had questions on and got a reminder that I CAN be happy all by myself.

The first night we got there, it was already dark and needless to say I was scared. I could’ve gotten attacked by bears or worse, drunken campers. Nevertheless, the first night we did have a visitation from the bears, and I don’t mean the sports team. The good thing about it, they didn’t come to our tent.

The 2nd day, we went down to the fresh water lake and I dipped in mainly cuz the bee’s were about to get cussed out from bothering me so much. I wanted to swim but quickly nixed the idea cuz I didn’t have on my swim gear, and I couldn’t go skinny dipping this time cuz too many families with children where around. Damn them. That night, I started my first camp fire all by myself and attempted to keep it lit.

The last day, we went hiking up Mount Tallic and HIKING it was. So many rocks and so many bushes, I thought I was gonna get poison ivy. About half way up, we rested. Laugh out loud. Once that journey ended, it was time to leave. I truly enjoyed my time and energy spent there.

Hopefully soon, we can do it again. Maybe next time, I won’t film everything. Aw, who am I kidding!

No comments: