*L'kabbalah l'emet ul'kehilla: For LGBT acceptance, truth and community with a Jewish flare*

26 August 2008

Good Cowboy/ Bad Cowboy

There was a father who had a son that was about 6 or 7 years old. And his son was reading his favorite cowboy book, and every so often the father would walk by the room and he asked,
"Son, what are you doing?"
"I am reading my favorite cowboy book dad."
"But, son, all I hear you saying over and over is 'you gon get it.' Why are you just repeating that over and over?"
The son replied, "Well, dad, what happened was the good cowboy was always getting beat up by the bad cowboy. It frightened me so I went to the end of the book to see how it ended." the son pointed to the book, "When I got to the last chapter I discovered that finally the good cowboy beats the bad cowboy."
And so he continued, "I went back where I had left off and every time the bad cowboy would hit the good cowboy, I would remind the good cowboy, 'You gon get it.'"

No comments: