*L'kabbalah l'emet ul'kehilla: For LGBT acceptance, truth and community with a Jewish flare*

18 August 2008

Fabolous Weekend

So when I say I had the most wonderfulest weekend this weekend, that is by far an understatement. There is something about going through somethings, going through some depression, going through some hard times, and having people come to you and actually LIFT your spirits so high, it makes you want to shout (my church folk know what I mean). When so many people come together out of pure happiness and love, you cant help but feel a feeling of joy in your body.


For some reason on Friday, I got this sudden boast of confidence and felt that I was sexy and that it was all about me. Me and one of my good friends went to a party that night and I did something I had never done before. I greeted people that I didn't know and then I danced the night away BY MYSELF! Must have been the full moon. Afterwards, the guy I had a crush on was so attentive to me for once and I felt like, bitch I really don't need you, but damn it feels good to have you. That night I also met Maurice Jamal who is the most humble and funniest person I have ever met.


Saturday we went to the Black Gay Film Festival and I watched about 7 short films about lesbian women trying to lose weight, or gay men who overcome homophobia. The one that actually stuck out and had the crowd in awe was the one entitled "The Young and Evil." It was about a guy who didn't care anymore about life and did everything in his power to become affected with HIV. This was the only film by far that had people thinking, that's exactly what goes on in the life EVEN if its not intentional. Don't risk your life when you know the consequences. Afterwards, I met a new friend, Kenny G. and he was too hilarious and very kind. Later that night, me and my good friend went to a community night party called "Moonlight Under the Stars" and we met so many people that were in high places to help get our careers started.


Sunday, was the kicker. Not only was breakfast a hoot (our waiter gave us fever and it was sooo funny) but the end of the festival was the movie, soon to be show, called "Friends and Lovers." Created by Maurice Jamal ((Look for that on Logo this fall)).
O-M-G!
I love Noah's Arc and give it much respect, but this was too funny. They say that for each great thing, there is something greater. The universe works in mysterious ways and it was a good thing that Noah's Arc was cancelled because now we have a chance to support a black gay known FILM. And with Lover's and Friends actually replacing the Noah's Arc series, we have just overcame a lot of obstacles in Hollywood.

After the film, we went out to eat with the creator and his friends and if that wasn't the most entertaining, uplifting and enjoyable time, I don't know what was.

While we were talking, I began to realize that the situations in my life are so minute. If it is going to work out, then it will. If not, it was only meant for my good. It's one thing to say turn it over and not worry about it, but its in human nature to think. So instead of stopping there, I think God knows EXACTLY what he is doing. If we get in a relationship or if we don't, God knows exactly what he is doing. If we stop talking, he knows what he is doing. And at that dinner table last night, around the laughter, the joy, the happiness of all my old friends and my new ones, I know whole heartily that EVERYTHING truly happens for a reason. And that God knows what he is doing. That being said, look for a movie from me in next years Black Gay Film Festival.

I feel like shouting.

No comments: