*L'kabbalah l'emet ul'kehilla: For LGBT acceptance, truth and community with a Jewish flare*

28 June 2010

AAA (Always Attitude Attractions)

AAA in this case does not stand for American Automobile Association, but for Always Attitude Attractions. Its the 101 of basic human interaction. A formula of molecules that accumulate and converts to energy over time. It's an acronym that defines the very essence of one's cause and effect. Ever heard the saying, 'put good out there, good will return'? Well, that's an example. Your attitude will lay out the blueprint of your final transaction to a situation. If you're a bitter person, you will attract bitter people and cause people who are sweet to either 1) become infected or 2) run away in the opposite direction. Helen Keller said 'Keep your face in the sunshine and you wont see the shadows'. Her attitude was a remarkably positive one. It surrounded her with love and care. Ever wonder why people around you do shady things ALL the time? Or why you cant seem to 'catch a break'? Then change your attitude.

My grandmother told me that the only way to change the world is to change my attitude. The world from day to day, minute to minute is me. When I die, my world is gone. Now the physical world that I walk on everyday, I am given two choices; infect it with negativity or inject it with positivity. It's great to vent out anger and stress but don't let it control you. Don't allow someone else's ignorance and stupidity affect your response to it. 'Kill it with kindness' is a saying has always been a hidden weapon that most people, especially most gay men I've met, have failed to use. It not only surrounds you with kind vibes but forces the objecting party to become aware that their vibes are opposite. If they choose to change or not is on them. We have to stop thinking we can change other people's opinion because we feel we are right, just to have something caddy to say back and/or to have the last word.

I say all this to say that even though I have gone through some hell and high water, some petty ass drama, the lowest valley point, I can look back and say that I surrounded myself with friends who were there to help, love and accept. No matter what kind of fallen out we've had, our attitude has kept us afloat and surrounded by love. If they threw a party, and invited everyone they knew, they would see the biggest gift would be from me and the card attached would say 'THANK YOU FOR BEING A FRIEND'.

You attract what you put out. Plain and simple.

No comments: