*L'kabbalah l'emet ul'kehilla: For LGBT acceptance, truth and community with a Jewish flare*

04 November 2008

History Has Been Made...but who cares?




So as happy as I should be about the 44th President of the United States being the first BLACK president to ever walk on the face of the America, I am far from the emotion of joy. Proposition 8 passed in California on 11/05/08 and, for the 2nd time in the state of California, my right to marry who I am in love with has been taken away from me. I didn't know that hatred could be such a sacred family value and for the Mormon church to donate almost 15 million dollars is a slap in Gods face to me. How could a religion who supports and condones polygamy, a major downfall of marriage, gives so much money to keep homosexuals from getting hitched?



Another thing is an order to make a major amendment to the constitution, you need 2/3 of the Legislature to pass this. So how was this passed without going through this level? Something isn't settling right. And I'm pretty sure these queens and bitches are gagging cuz the president elect said that the gay nation is going to be APART of the straight nation as soon as he becomes the 44th president. O, how true I hope those words become.


But forgive me for not leaping for joy over Barack H. Obama when Jonny B. Mitchell has lost his right that he worked so hard for. Take care.

No comments: